WEDDINGS AT LEHIGH
While the sacraments are normally to be celebrated in a parish church, the celebration of the Sacrament of Marriage is permitted on Lehigh’s Campus in Packer Memorial Church. This permission, however, is restricted to Alumni, current Students, Faculty Members, or Staff of Lehigh University. It DOES NOT extend to their family members or other relatives.
Those Catholics who desire to celebrate their wedding on Lehigh’s Campus are reminded of the following procedures and regulations:
· Reservation of Packer Memorial Church is made through the Office of the University Chaplain (610) 758-3877.
· Either the Bride or the Groom must be an Alumnus/a, Student, Faculty Member, or Staff.
· The Newman Center must be informed of the planned wedding at least six months in advance - even if your own priest will be witnessing the marriage.
· Permission of the Bishop MUST be secured by the Coordinator Of Catholic Campus Ministry.
· The couple are to observe and meet all the requirements of the Diocese of Allentown.